Technological Leader/Data Engineer
About the Company
AllSTARSIT is an international Software R&D, Technical Support, and Talent Acquisition service provider established in 2004. The company specializes in software development services for clients across industries as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, fintech, telecommunications, media, and more.
About the Project
The company is the largest transit bus company in Israel. The company's intercitybus routes reach most Israeli cities, towns, kibbutzim, and moshavim, and thecompany operates urban city buses throughout the country. It also operates inPoland and the Netherlands through a subsidiary.
The company provides about 35% of Israel's public transport services, employs about 6,500 workers, and operates a fleet of 2,950 buses.
The Transportation Company Ltd, the largest transportation operator in Israel, was established in 1933 when four public transportation companies were merged into one. Now the company operates 55% of the country’s public transportation service lines. The service lines are divided into three operating areas – Northern, Southern, and Jerusalem.
Years on the market
Team size and structure
Current technology stack
- In-depth experience in Python development - at least two years - mandatory
- In-depth development experience in the worlds of Azure cloud Data bricks, Data factory, Data lake - at least two years - mandatory
- Good command of SQL - mandatory
- Experience in ETL development in a BI environment
- Independent, proactive and responsible
- High self-learning ability
- Excellent interface work
Scope of work:
We are looking for an experienced developer for the BI and analytics department in Egged to lead the Back team
- Label development methodologies (code review, development procedures, performance...)
- Leading ETL process development processes in Python
- Leading ETL process development processes in the AZURE environment with dedicated tools such as Databricks, data factory
- Leading the construction of a data architecture in the department
- Development and establishment of multi-source ETL processes
- Working with a variety of technological and business interfaces
- The position requires the ability to self-study, business understanding and the ability to work and conduct independently with business and technological factors within the BI department and outside
Learning & Development program: we offer a team of senior developers, mentorship program, individual budget for self-education, free English, Spanish, and Polish courses, English for kids, regular tech & educational meetups, ability to become a meetup speaker, and online course subscriptions, among other perks and opportunities.
Wellness program: extended medical insurance, yoga & stretching, personal psychologist, sport/hobby compensation, Covid-19/flu vaccination, rewarding culture, and unique corporate gifts.
Balanced lifestyle: workation programs, memorable corporate parties abroad, team building activities, Happy Fridays, family events, and charity events.